Friday 27 May 2011

Review of Forgotten by Cat Patrick

"Fixed?" she asks. "I wouldn't say that you're broken. You're special."

For London Lane it's not low self esteem her mother is comforting her about, but a glitch in her brain which means she remembers forwards not backwards.

My current revision being dark romance books, I can say from experience that most things have been done. However Forgotten  manages to successfully navigate the pitfalls of predictability of vampires, werewolves and forbidden inter-species love and Cat Patrick still manages to give normal human life an abnormal edge. The author's debut doesn't just brag of another boy-meets-girl romance, it is much more than that, and the phrase 'complicated personal life' doesn't even cover it!

Truly a book that you cannot put down, Forgotten made me fall in love not just with the gorgeous Luke but also with red headed London and the fast paced, edgy novel didn't leave my hand between starting and finishing it.

Becky Steels


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the book. I'm the editor who looked after this title in the UK so positive feedback like this means a lot. Keep them coming! It would be brilliant if you could post your review on Amazon too...

    Thanks so much. There's more from Cat Patrick coming next year!

    Ali Dougal
    Commissioning Editor, Egmont Press

    ReplyDelete