Monday 5 September 2011

Review of Ruby Redfort, Look into my Eyes by Lauren Child

Review of Ruby Redfort, Look into my Eyes, by Lauren Child

9780007334063 pub Harper Collins Sept 2010 






From the author of the Clarice Bean novels, Lauren Child brings you a fresh, new series of exciting adventures in the thrill packed life of Ruby Redfort. Ruby is the main character in the book; a quirky, code-cracking teenage schoolgirl. She, alongside her slick side-kick butler, Hitch, will have to solve crimes, work sneakily undercover and escape evil villains. Will she manage to unravel the conundrums of codes and tricky puzzles that she faces on her way?

Reading about Ruby on her fun experiences was really enjoyable and I would recommend this book to any Clarice Bean or Charlie and Lola lover.

I liked the mystery surrounding this story. I never knew what was around the next corner. The fact that so many secrets covered the truth, that was built upon little white lies, that gradually got larger and larger every second.

I think that this book would be suitable for eight to twelve year olds. 

P.S. One thing I did learn from this book is a truth no one can argue with. 
RULE 1: YOU CAN NEVER BE COMPLETELY SURE WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN NEXT.

by Eleri Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment