Wednesday 31 August 2011

review of Legend by marie Lu



 Legend by Marie Lu  9816117600588 pub Puffin Nov 2011



 I love this book. Part One is about a boy called Day, Los Angeles most wanted criminal. Part two is about June, the only top scorer in her Trial, a test every ten year old has to take to determine their future. June is hired to hunt down Day, who supposedly killed her brother on a hospital raid. But June discovers things about The Republic (the republic of America) she never would have thought about before.


Legend is fantastic and quite like Philip Pullmans Clockwork, fast paced and thrilling, everything happening at once, and so deliciously confusing.
My personal favourite part is the hospital raid as Day is brave and exceedingly agile. Day acts like my dream self would act. I wish there was a more detailed description of how Day and June look for I would love to see how the author thinks they look. Overall it is a great book, exciting, maybe slightly confusing, with strong characters and a great plot. I can’t wait to read the sequel! I would recommend Legend to boys and girls (aged 11-13) who are not squeamish!
by Charlotte Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment