Thursday 14 July 2011

Western Mysteries. The Case of the Deadly Desperados

Review of The Western Mysteries. The Case of the Deadly Desperados by Caroline Lawrence

978144001693. pub 02/06/12 Orion

The Case of the Deadly Desperados was a joy to read. I thought it was the most exciting book I've ever read and the author made the story seem real. It says at the start of the book that Caroline's great grandmother had some books in her attic and Caroline found them after she died and decided to publish them. I don't know if this is part of the story or true so it got me a bit confused. The chapters are are short and that makes the book easy to read. There are lots of cliff hanger endings that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I think Western stories will rise in the book business because this is such a good book. Readers will probably judge other Westerns by this one. It was packed with excitement, adventure and adrenalin. The story is incredibly well written and its narrative voice is amazing.
I give it a star rating of 5 *****

by Rosie Clutson

book cover of 

The Case of the Deadly Desperados 

 (Western Mysteries, book 1)

by

Caroline Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment